How to get the most out of online registration and pledge sheets
February 1, 2017 by admin
By Alicia Quann, fund development manager
The 2017 Shave ball is just getting rolling, and we wanted to make sure you had all the latest info on how to make this year one of the most fun, most successful, most memorable years to date!
It’s not mandatory for Shavers to register online, but we love it when you do. Here’s why:
- You get a personal fundraising web page on our site when you register online. From there, you are able to add your own pictures to your page and share your story and reasons for signing up to Shave for the Brave!
- Fundraising page perk 1: You can share it with your friends and family members via email or social media. You can even link your fundraising page to your Facebook account to let it post notifications when you get new donations and hit fundraising milestones!
- Fundraising page perk 2: Your friends and family can make donations online which is super easy for the donor and Shaver; there are no pledge sheets to organize or cash to collect, and the donor receives their tax receipt instantly!
- Registering online makes sure we have your contact info so we can send you important updates and thank yous to remind you of how awesome you are!
- Watching your fundraising total reach your goal — and seeing your name climb the national leaderboard — is addicting!
We know some of you still prefer paper pledge sheets, and some of you like to use them with your online fundraising pages, so here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure to record every donation on your pledge sheet.
- If your donors would like a tax receipt for their donations of over $20, make sure to include their full name and full mailing address INCLUDING the postal code. We can’t issue the receipt without that info.
- Tax receipts will be emailed automatically to donors ONLY IF we have their full mailing address in addition to their email address. Our software won’t issue a receipt without the full mailing address.
- Print clearly! We have to enter the pledge sheet info manually, and if we are unable to read the name, donation amount, and mailing address, we won’t be able to issue a tax receipt.
- Tell us who you are! We receive a surprising number of pledge sheets that don’t include the name of the Shaver! We want to make sure you are accurately recognized for your hard work with the appropriate place on the leaderboard, but we can’t do that if we don’t know who you are. This is especially important if you didn’t register online as your pledge sheets are the only record you Shaved.
That’s it for now! Do you have any other tips we should share about fundraising pages and pledge sheets? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!