The money you raise to shave your mane is used to help young adults with cancer get the support they need through conferences, info sessions, and retreats. Check out the tools below to help you reach your fundraising goal and find your place among the pride!
Head Hunter Manual
Want to plan a shave for your school, office, or team? No problem! Our digital Head Hunter Manual has everything you need to know to organize your own Shave for the Brave.
If you would like to collect donations in person, please download and print the following form: PDF Pledge Sheet.
To submit your pledges, please send a cheque or money order to:
Young Adult Cancer Canada
ATTN: Shave for the Brave
18 Argyle Street, Suite 201
St. John’s, NL
Please make cheques payable to Young Adult Cancer Canada.
Email these to your friends and family to let them know you are participating in the Shave, and challenge them to get involved, too! You can also print these e-cards and use them as challenge posters in your workplace, office, school, or club.
Facebook Sample Posts
Facebook is a great tool to use to help spread the word of your fundraising and participation in the Shave For The Brave! We’ve provided some sample posts for you; just copy and paste and fill in the necessary information!
- On [date], I’m participating in Shave for the Brave and shaving my head to support programs for young adults dealing with cancer! Help me reach my goal by making a donation today; no amount is too big or too small! (insert link)
- There aren’t many support programs out there for young adults dealing with cancer–that’s why I’m shaving my head on [date] so that these brave young adults can get the support network they need! Every dollar counts, so please make a contribution today. (insert link)
- I’m only $__ away from my goal of $__ for Shave for the Brave. Help me raise money for the Shave and help young adults dealing with cancer get the support programs they need! (insert link)
- If all my Facebook friends donated just $5 for me to shave my head, I’d raise $___ for the Shave for the Brave. Support me today and take some credit for my new look! (insert donation link)
- Brrrr, it’s still cold outside! Can’t wait to get my Shave For The Brave toque on [date]! Sponsor me today and take some credit for keeping me warm [donation link]!
Change your Twitter background to help create awareness of your participation in the Shave!
Facebook Cover Photo
Change your Facebook cover photo to help inform your friends that you are participating in/supporting the Shave For The Brave this year!
Facebook and Twitter Icons
Change your profile picture on Facebook and Twitter to let your friends and network connections know that you are participating in the Shave for the Brave this year!
Want a personalized icon? No problem! We’d be happy to create a personalized “I am Shaving for…” digital t-shirt icon for you. Just let us know what you would like to have on the icon (limit is eight characters including spaces) and we’ll email it to you.
We’ve had a couple of requests to have these made into real t-shirts. Unfortunately, this is not something we are able to offer this year, but we will discuss it as an option for next year.
[gravityform id=2 title=false]